Thursday, March 24, 2011

In the mail




Look what the postie has delivered in the past week or so - lots of lovely stuff to play with.

Bec in country NSW was having a clean-out at her place, and the bargains were irresistible. Lovely pinks and greens, along with yardage of Fandango by Kate Spain plus a jelly roll of the same line. I love Fandango - can you tell? The designs remind me of the beautiful, ornate tiles I saw in my travels in Portugal last year and in India - particularly on the Taj Mahal - many years ago.

And from Hatched and Patched in Bathurst, also in NSW - bags of crushed walnut shells (wonderful for filling pincushions; here's a hint - use a funnel when filling or be prepared to spend an hour or so trying to gather up every last little bit of grittiness you've dropped everywhere) and some gorgeous felted wool. And because my order was delayed a little, I also received one of Anni's early patterns - what a nice gesture!

7 comments:

Roseanne said...

You are very luck to get all that fabric from Bec. I also like what you got in the mail luck you.

Allie said...

What gorgeous mail!!!!!!!

Kerry @ Cottage on the Hill said...

Yes Jan a funnel works well

De said...

Its always great to get stuff to play with in the mail!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice wools enjoy sewing with them........have a great weekend with the girls.......

chrisartist said...

Great fabrics. I look forward to seeing what you make!
Have a nice time sewing.
Chrisartist

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Well you are going to be busy now. They all look great.