Saturday, April 16, 2011

Goodies

Friends in Stitching, the online group I belong to, had a swap of Anni Downs' projects and Friday was our opening night, during a rather manic chat session.

Tereasa in Queensland made me this stitching folder, pincushion and scissor case; aren't they gorgeous
. All wrapped up in pretty fabric, too. Thanks heaps, Tereasa!


And this is what I made for Chookyblue in NSW; she's a country girl so I couldn't resist this Farm Girl stitchery.

I love swaps!

I went to the Australiasian Quilt Convention in Melbou
rne on Thursday and came home with shockingly sore feet and some new goodies.



Some lovely fabrics.
Natalie Bird's "Tis the Season book - lovely little Christmas stitcheries - tape and a kit for a mug bag, designed by Lisa Chandler. I love her fabric; I'm making this project for my daughter. A coaster is included in the kit but it will be too heavy to post so I'm keeping it - ssh, don't tell her!


Pretty felts, some wool and a couple of little patterns. I made the little key fob at Marg Low's Make and Take class. I love Marg's designs and was so happy to meet her; she's my nice neighbour's SIL .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was admiring your bag on Chookys blog, very nice and the gifts you received are gorgeous as well.
Looks like you had fun buying lots of goodies to keep you busy

Chookyblue...... said...

I LOVE the bag you sent to me thanks heaps Jan..........the perfect present for me...........great gifts you received from Tess too.........
nice you got to go to the AQC......lovely shopping........

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gifts! Love the stitchery you did for Chooky!

Unknown said...

Lovely Show & Tell Jan...
Sounds like a Noice Time at the AQC...
cheers

Allie said...

What lovely swap gifts! Looks like you enjoyed the show, quite the haul - gorgeous goodies!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Wonderful gifts Jan. Looks like you have been having a lovely time.

Thimbelina said...

What a lovely bunch of goodies...I especially love the bag you made for Chooky!

Teresa said...

Love all your goodies Jan... would have loved to have gone with you haha! Glad you liked what Tess made you... I thought it was gorgeous too.... and what you made Chooky is just perfect. Super swap. Take care xx

Leanne said...

hi Jan
You got some lovely goodies at the quilt convention. I looked everywhere for that fabric tape measure stuff but couldn't find any.
My feet were sore to by the time I got home